Tuesday, April 7, 2009

8 April 2009 Update

My apologies for not posting a blog in a while. Somehow I've seemed to become crazy busy. I suppose it is because spring break starts Friday so last minute planning and getting somethings ready for that have been taking place. Time certainly is flying by much too quickly here. We all thought that our tour of Parliament was clear at the end and it would be so long before it and now it too has already passed...


Last week I had my internship as well which wasn't too exciting but still fun like always, nothing like last week when I was in surgery though. That was great and I hopefully get to go back! On Wednesday I got to be in Pediatrics. They have a really nice area for kids.

Thursday I made my way to the Imperial war museum. This is quite the museum. Such a vast array of history and war things. Although I don't enjoy war or history very much I spent a couple hours there. They have a really neat holocaust exhibit, as well as all the other exhibits.



After this because it was such a nice day out I walked around and found the Garden history museum. I decided to check it out and am glad that there was free admission for students because there really is not much in the, at all. There was one little exhibit of old tools and stuff but that was basically it. Other than a changing exhibit and the fact that I was allowed to go into the garden. O well. I didn't have to pay for it! haha...

In the afternoon I headed out to Kew Gardens. I intended on going in the actual gardens but it cost £11! to do so, so I passed on that. Maybe if I have time to spend the whole day there rather than a couple hours like it would have been.


Friday we had our paid for by Central Indian lunch. It wasn't bad, but again I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it. I didn't eat too much because I wasn't sure how it would go for me but it didn't turn out to be so bad. I did eat one little piece of lamb too. I can now say I don't like it. It was really tough which could have been because it wasn't cooked very well or because that's how lamb is. Either way I probably avoid it if at all possible!


After this a couple friends and I checked out the chocolate festival that was going on. It wasn't too big, just a few tents that offered tiny samples. Some of it was pretty good.

Then we had the tour of parliament. This was actually a lot of fun. I am glad we had a group tour with a guide because he told us a bunch of random facts that if you were to simply go by yourself you wouldn't know [like where Churchill's ring made indents on the table]. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take photos whilst inside. The grandness of it all was overwhelming. Anyone is allowed to tour parliament by themselves. You simply show up and have to go through security and what not and you are in, free to roam in certain parts of it.


Saturday Gina, Kelsey and I took a train to Brighton. Most of the group had already gone because we were offered a chance to go as a group but our parents were here so we missed out. Brighton is a nice town on the edge of England. It's very pretty there and we had a great day. We sat on the beach for a while {which was rocks not sand...}and walked around the town.

Sunday I went to Hyde park for a while, until I got cold. It was another great day but a little breezy. The park is really nice. After that I went to the British museum for about 45 minutes. Defiantly not my cup of tea!
That night Kelsey and I went to Westminster Abbey for the evening service just to see what it was like. It was very traditional, VERY. I looked at the bulletin and saw we were singing "Old Rugged Cross" but it defiantly was not the song I know.

Monday brought more classes and our last show for theatre class that night. It wasn't too bad but not my favorite.

Tuesday At my internship I was in the special care baby unit. This unit if for premies, there were 16 babies. They were adorable and tiny. I can't believe how big they are going to get from being that little.
Wednesday (today) I worked with the physiotherapists today working with patients in all different wards.

Well there's my update for now. Friday I leave for Rome and Athens for Spring break! It's about time! I'm super excited. It should be a lot of fun. We will have wireless in our hostel in Rome but I'm not sure about our other places and I plan on taking my computer so I will try and update when I can!

Oh and it's bitter sweet.
In one month be ready for the following

Poffertjes
Funnel cakes
Bratwarsts
Dutch Dancing
Ribeye sandwiches
Millions of people
Cotton Candy
Tropical Snow
Kettle Corn
Parades
Corn dogs
Potato spirals
Dutch Tacos
Wooden shoes
Walking Tacos
and most importantly
ME! :)



1 comment:

  1. =D =D =D

    That's pretty much all I can say about that!! LOL I am EX.CI.TED. For pretty much everything on your list. LOL

    ReplyDelete